In the present time where online frauds, data stealing, Hacking, phishing are increasing day by day. Every person who uses internet services a lot required to take some serious steps towards securing there are accounts. Here, are the best 5 simple yet most trusted ways to protect your GMX account.
Enhancing GMX Account Security
Way 1: Never leave your account in login state:-
Those who use email or any other accounts a lot have a tendency to leave their accounts in a login state. Which makes them prone to data-stealing Or identity thefts. This, if you are not using your account then, never forget to click on the logout/sign out option. This step is more vital for those who access their accounts on the shared devices.
Way 2: Encrypt your email details:-
If you are a GMX user then securing your account is one step easier in comparison to other email accounts.
GMX gives you an option to choose you with which email you want to add an encryption feature. This feature is provided by GMX free of cost and it is very easy to set up.
If you want to use this feature to secure your account, then below mentioned steps will help you in setting up :
- Log in > your GMX Account.
- Go to > inbox.
- Now > click > lock icon ( near”compose” button)
- Then > choose > Set up Encrypted Communication.
- Go behind the instructions provided.
- Install > mailvelope extensions.
- Create a strong passphrase. ( This passphrase will be helpful to protect your private key and this is required for disabling Or enabling encryption feature.)
- Note down recovery details for your recovery future reference.
Way 3: Keep tracking your account activities:-
Keep on checking your account deeply on a regular basis. Check your personal details, settings, mailboxes, and also use virus scanners for your devices before accessing the GMX account. And if you come across any suspicious activity, then, reset your password and other login details immediately and also make changes in the settings of your account.
Way 4: Always create secure and unique passwords:-
Generally, people create simple passwords by using their general details like dob, spouse name, Nicknames Or mobile numbers, etc. Which can be easily cracked by hackers. Thus, always create a strong password of Gmail account.
Follow the below tips :
- Use upper case and lower case characters.
- Use numbers.
- Use different characters like @,_, / etc.
- Keep the password at least 8 characters long.
- Avoid using the same passwords for multiple accounts.
Way 5: Change your passwords on a regular basis:-
Changing your passwords frequently can protect you from being a victim of cyber threats. You must keep on changing your account passwords in a period of a couple of weeks.
For changing passwords, see the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Home page and open My Account.
- Now, click Security Options given at the left-hand side.
- Select on Change password.
- Fill your present password.
- Now, in the very next boxes fill your new password twice.
- Now, click on the Save changes option to confirm.